Monday, May 13, 2013

Living Nature Cosmetics: Morning Sun Lipstick

Hi everyone,

Wow, I can not believe how quickly the year is passing by! Many products have landed on my doorstep over the past few weeks, and I am so excited to share them with you.

I am going to let you in on a secret... I have found the perfect Autumn lipstick!

Who are they?
Living Nature is a New Zealand company, based in Kerikeri which is located in the Bay of Islands region in the North Island. They believe that when it comes to beauty, nature has the best answers. Living Nature prides itself on being 100% safe and natural. The company was first founded by Suzanne Hall. She was inspired by the powerful healing properties of New Zealand's native plants, which had been successful in helping her own skin conditions, so she decided to start her own company. Twenty four years on, and Living Nature is at its most successful, exporting to 14 countries and gaining recognition worldwide. The brand features skin, body and hair care products as well as a cosmetics and a range for men. Living Nature products do not contain any of the following:
  • Ethelhexyglycerin
  • Hydroxymethylglycinate
  • Iodopropynyl butylcarbamate
  • Methylchloroisothiazolinone
  • Methylisothiazolinone
  • Unigerm
  • Suttocide
  • Neurotoxic preservatives like phenoxyethanol
  • Harsh surfactants like sodium, ammonium and lauryl/laureth sulphates
  • Petrochemicals, including PEGs, paraffin and other glycols
  • Silicones, Mineral oils, artificial fragrances, grain alcohols
  • Phthalates
  • Bisphenol-A (BPA)
  • Genetically modified or irradiated ingredients
  •  Parabens

  • The product:
    Velvety, creamy and highly pigmented, this lipstick in the shade 'Morning Sun' is a beautiful, crisp, warm lipstick colour, which will complete your Autumn make up look perfectly. I would describe the colour as a burnt orange, almost tomato red. When I first looked at the colour, I didn't think it would do any favors for my fair complexion, as I normally wear deep reds. However, the colour worked really well for me, and it also looked great on my friend who has a much more olive skin tone. The colour pay off is incredible not to mention long lasting. I do not wear a lip liner underneath the lipstick, yet it still stays put (even after my morning Starbucks fix!). I have tried other natural lipsticks and have been disappointed as I often find they have a grainy texture which can sometimes build up on the lips. However, Living Nature has really perfected their lipstick formula. It glides effortlessly onto your lips and is incredibly smooth to apply.

    Like all the other Living Nature products, this lipstick has a pleasant scent, and is packaged in a simple, yet chic, little black box. Price wise, this lipstick is a little more expensive than what you would pay for any other mainstream make up brand coming in at $40 NZD. Considering it is 100% natural, and you do not have to constantly re-apply it, I think it is definitely worth the price tag, and it is no more than what you would pay for other make up brands such as MAC.

    Rating:
    I am in love with this lipstick! It looks amazing when used in conjunction with Living Nature's 'Soft Lights Illuminating Tint' and a bronze eye shadow palette. The product's staying power is great, and I think this particular shade will compliment a wide range of skin tones. I really have no complaints about this product. 10/10!

    Where Can I find it?
    Living Nature has stockist's nationwide. Click here to find one close to you!
    All products are also available for purchase online. Check out their website for more info here!
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/livingnature
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/livingnature

    
     
    Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed the review.
    Join the Bare Beauty by Caitlin community on Facebook for updates, competitions, giveaways and more!
     
     
     
     
     
     Review Copyright to the Publisher Caitlin Harsant.
    Please Note: This product was purchased with my own money. I am not affiliated with the brands mentioned in any way. All opinions and images used are my own. Bare Beauty by Caitlin logo is copyright to Caitlin Harsant.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment